Monday, December 15, 2008

OFELIA SANCHEZ















Ofelia’s work in the community consists of helping elementary school students who are struggling in their classes. She also works with parents who don’t speak much English.
Ofelia is very nice and it seems to me that she has never given up on what she wants to achieve. For example, she dropped out of high school but went back because of her kids. She is currently attending college. Also, I think she is a good mom because she said, “My kids are the most important people in my life.”
I asked her is she had a hero and her response was, “I don’t have a hero, but I used to look up to my ELS teacher.” Ofelia doesn’t see herself as a hero, but I think she is a hero because she helps kids do better in school. Thanks to her they will learn more and progress in life. Another fact that makes her a hero is that she went back to school to do better and to give her kids a better future. Ofelia is a great person and she is very friendly also.

No comments: