Thursday, December 18, 2008

Lissette Castaneda



The hero I interviewed is Lisette Castaneda. She’s a Latina and has short black hair. On the day I interviewed her, Lisette was wearing a black blouse with navy blue jeans. I can’t really tell you about her personality, but by the way she was acting she seemed to be a decent lady. Lisette is really mature for her age. She knows how to act in important events.
Lisette’s work was really interesting to me. The work Lisette does is helping out the community with what she can. She works with a lot of social stuff, and she also believes in Christian values; she basically helps out where she can, using the values she believes in.
 I believe Lisette was born in Chicago, but I know for a fact, she was raised here. Lisette went to Lane Technical High School. She began to act for social justice when she was 16 years old. Also, Lisette is the president of LSNA. In my point of view; Lisette was raised by good parents. She defines heroes as someone who goes beyond themselves. Her heroes were people like Martin Luther King, President Abraham Lincoln, and ,I believe, her own mom. Lisette believes a lot in Christianity, so I am guess she goes to church a lot, and helps out there. Lisette has done amazing things, even though many people don’t notice them. By the things she told me, I can really tell that she’s a great person.
She’s a really out-going lady. I believe that in our community she is a hero. She’s a hero because she has helped to make the community a much better place. She tries so hard to make changes in our community, but sometimes she isn't successful because we teenagers don’t worry as much as we should about those things; things like what Lisette does are not noticeable for us because we don’t give it much importance. But, to Lisette, they are  the most important thing. 


By: Nayely Morales Social Justice Academy

No comments: